Avoid Fairs & Traveling Hot Tub Expo Shows
** CONSUMER ALERT **
WHERE’S THE SCARIEST PLACE TO BUY A HOT TUB?
ANSWER: A FAIR OR TRAVELING HOT TUB EXPO
HERE’S WHY: Fairs & Hot tub expos are typically advertised as “national events” and insinuate that all major manufactures are present. However, this is far from the truth. In reality, these expo events are set up quickly and ran by high-pressure sales staff who leave town and disappear as soon as the event is over never to be seen again.
DON’T GET TAKEN FOR A RIDE AT THE FAIR OR TRAVELING HOT TUB EXPO. HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET
You won’t find the world’s number one selling hot tub, Hot Spring Spas or Islander Pools & Spas at these pop-up expos. In the Capital District Islander operates two showrooms in Colonie and Ballston Spa.
YOU’LL FEEL SALES PRESSURE AT A FAIR OR TRAVELING EXPO
Sales reps want to close deals as fast as they can to earn their commission. The claims and counterclaims you’ll hear for their products will boggle your mind. They’ll try to sell you what’s on hand, and if you order something like a customer color it could take months for delivery!
DON’T FALL FOR THE “THIS PRICE IS ONLY GOOD RIGHT NOW!”
When the”fair” or “expo” price says 50 percent off, chances are that’s their regular price you’re looking at. Frequently, fair or expo prices are even higher than the regular price so that the sellers can recoup the high cost of the booth and traveling salesmen.
DON’T BE LEFT WITHOUT A LOCAL COMPANY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND PROVIDE SERVICE
One of the main reasons to avoid a fair or traveling expo is because when the event ends the fair or expo leaves too, and often without a local showroom or anyone to answer questions, much less provide service after the sale. That’s no way to buy a hot tub. Take your time when buying a hot tub. Take along these 9 questions to get you started:
- Do you have a showroom in my local area where I can come for advice and issues?
- Can you provide reference and reviews about your hot tubs and swim spas?
- Do you have energy costs for an average size tub certified by an independent testing lab?
- What options do you have for water care? Do you offer Salt Water models?
- Is delivery a driveway drop-off or full service to the exact spot where I want it?
- Do you provide your own service or is it via a third party?
- Can you give me a copy of the warranty for this hot tub?
- What’s your cancellation policy? Can I get a refund of my deposit if I change my mind?
If you do shop a fair or traveling expo, we urge you to visit Islander Pools & Spas for a pressure-free experience to compare BEFORE you make any purchase. You will find that we have higher quality products at lower prices with local service! We have been here for over 55 years and will be here for you in the future!