To Do List Prior to Pool Closing
- Test pool water and balance pH, Alkalinity and Calcium levels. Bring us a sample and we will professionally test for free!
- Vacuum pools thoroughly.
- Remove ladders and steps on aboveground pools. Closing crews will not remove these.
- Pump water below the skimmer.
- Aboveground pools with standard cover should be 2″ below skimmer.
- Aboveground pools with EZ Drain cover should be to the bottom of the skimmer opening.
- Inground pools should be 3-4″ below skimmer.
- Leave all closing equipment out by pool including cover, water bags, pillows, skimmer door plugs and return plugs.
- Please make sure that we have full access to your pool area by unlocking any fence or gates.
Keep an eye on your pool though the fall and winter. Pump any excess water off before freezing temperatures arrive and make sure that the cover stays securely fastened. Wind can and will move or loosen covers. You will need to monitor and adjust as needed. If any problems arise, please contact our service department at (518) 456-7727 to have them addressed.